The celebration of 100 years of doing God’s work had its humble beginnings under a brush arbor.
At a 1919 revival on land owned by W.A. Frank in Talbott, the Reverend Otto Cox and Willie Freeman conducted a meeting that inspired folks to begin building a stationary church. Mt. Vale Church of God was born, and its birthplace was the old Mt. Vale schoolhouse from which it took its name. The school is gone now and the church itself has been re-homed at least four or five times, but memories of its inception are a treasure to members. The initial dedication for the first church took place on August 17, 1919.